Friday, November 11, 2011

I heard the whole second side of abbey road the other night at Cerna Vdova in Zizkov. I was telling P how cool it is. Hear this song? it's just one long track? notice how it's been going on like this for a while? It's all from the same album called abbey road. Funny to bring that to someone. Miles and miles and miles away from home. I've heard all the songs a hundred times, but sometimes you hear songs a lot then you hear them one time and they're different. So I read more about Golden Slumbers and it turns out Paul McCartney came across sheet music for the poem Cradle Song by Thomas Dekker left on a piano by his sister. The poem goes like this:
Golden slumbers kiss your eyes,
Smiles awake you when you rise;
Sleep, pretty wantons, do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby,
 Rock them, rock them, lullaby.

Care is heavy, therefore sleep you,
You are care, and care must keep you;
Sleep, pretty wantons, do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby,
Rock them, rock them, lullaby.
I'm not trying to steal this stuff. Most of the story is up on wikipedia. Just thought it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment