Thursday, August 27, 2015

New painting: Bat boy

Bat boy
Acrylic on paper
3ft by 3ft
Aug 2015

This painting has a bunch of writing on it and around it which you can't really read all that clearly just looking at it. The picture is large and the writing is small. I figured I will just try and put the writing on the picture in any way I can, just whatever comes to mind, whatever I wanna say, whatever I feel at the moment when I'm making the picture.

Nobody sees with me, why this is beautiful, why everything in some way is a miracle and gorgeous. Now I realize that it sounds like an exaggeration but I truly mean that. It's a miracle. It's insane. It's crazy, and none of it has any real place though it does exist or should exist..I know this doesn't look like much. But it's my attempt to contribute something that touches people with words, with color, with shapes. I'm not a great talker but I can make something for you. Everything that I love about life is my castle. But outside, on horses, are men. A man, today, is not my friend. A man is everything in this world. Violence, dominance, intimidation. Be a man. Manliness. I don't know what any of that means.I want to feel fully alive. I want to express myself fully. Why? Because that's what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment